Programs & Services > Summer Work & Travel > USA > For Participants who are Studying in Mainland China
+ More information...


To be eligible for the Summer Work and Travel USA program, you must:
be between 18 and 30 years old;

be registered as a full-time student at an accredited university or other state-recognized institution of post-secondary education;
be a undergraduate or post graduate student;

The degree/diploma program in which you are enrolled must be at least 4 years in duration. Post-graduate students whose program is at least 1.5 years in duration;

obtain Student Status Proof or Holiday Proof that is issused by an accredited university (To prove that you are able to work in the U.S. for at least 2.5 months during summer period)
be a legal resident of People's Republic of China, without holding a US citizenship
have a passport valid for at least six months beyond the intended stay in the U.S.
be able to function in an English-speaking work environment;
To be a successful Work and Travel USA participant, you:
    1.have the right attitude and clear goals towards the program
    2.are willing to adapt new environment and different cultures
    3.have no problem working in teams and have no difficulty in following orders
    4. are flexible about the type of work you will be doing not mind performing menial or physical tasks
    6.have commitment to your work
    7.can live independently while being far away from home

Back to Top