This Statement sets out the obligations and policies of Intrinsic – for students and youth (the "Company") under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance").
The Company keeps personal details of its customers on file such as names, addresses, ID numbers, telephone numbers, account numbers and information relating to program application, together with other information which may be necessary for the provision of the Company's services.
Customers are required to supply the Company with this kind of data in connection with the application for any program(s) offered by the Company, and when the Company provides other related services.
The purposes for which data may be used include:
- the daily operation of the Company's services
- conducting customer, product and service surveys
- direct marketing of products and services and appeals for donation
- handling customer complaints and enquiries
- making disclosure under the requirements of any law applicable
- any other directly related matters
Without such data, the Company may not be able to provide services to its customers.
Personal data of customers held by the Company will be kept confidential but the Company may provide such information to:
- subsidiaries and associated companies within the Company's group (the "Group")
- the media (only in relation to the handling of customer complaints and enquiries referred to the Company by the media)
- any person to whom the Group is under an obligation to make disclosure under any law applicable to the Group
- any person who owes a duty of confidentiality to the Group
Access to and Correction of Personal Data
Customers have the right under the Ordinance:
- to check whether the Company holds records of their personal data
- to obtain a copy of that data
- to correct any data which is inaccurate
Requests for access to data or correction of data should be made in writing to:
Intrinsic – for students and youth
Rm 1417, 14/F, Austin Tower
152 Austin Road, Tsimshatsui
Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Customers may be asked to pay a small handling charge to cover data access processing.
Customers who do not wish to receive any direct marketing materials (excluding information that directly relates to the Company's services) should write to the Company's Data Protection Officer (stating relevant name, ID number, email address and address), the Company will then not use the customer's personal data for direct marketing purposes. Processing of such requests will be free of charge.